Saturday 25 October 2014

Winter Wonderland


Hello to all my fellow crafters
Just poped by to show you my latest project, it is a door christmas door hanger for my hallway.



It started life as a plain balsa wood hanger, blank ready for decoration, but as I wanted a kind of shabby chic vintage look I applied a simple crackle glaze paint effect with some acrylic paint in white and gold, ageing the sides with some Tim Holtz distress inks in Tea die and black soot.



The flowers are from ribbon girl , I have been looking for a project to use those rose hips on for ages


 My snowflakes are cut from a spellbinders die as is the mount of the picture, which is cut from a section of paper from first edition called Christmas village.  I have used it to decorate a few items before and it looks really vintage so was just right for this Project.


My winder wonderland banner was cut from the same papers as was the snow one and I added lots of stickles in stardust to the flowers and the snowflakes.

Finally I glued on a contrasting posy of flowers to the bottom left corner to ballance it out and curled all the spare strands of wire of the flowers.
I was really pleased with how the paint effect worked, you can just see the gold peeking through the white and it was so easy and cheap to do.
Please let me know what you think, I will post some other matching decorations soon using the same idea.

Best wishes and happy crafting from Maria


I am entering this project into the following challenges

The ribbon girl october color challenge white

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas door hanger is beautiful Maria, I love the cute image and all the pretty embellishments. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 35 with your lovely creation - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - I love the mix of embellishments. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project.

    Thanks for sharing at CASS.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete