Wednesday 26 February 2014

Daisy, Daisy

Hi again, 

Just wanted to show you my second entry into the LOTV monthly challenge.  I have used one of their lovely James the bear stamps and have used posy trio again but colored differently.  I used my new Karen Burniston die which was so easy and quick to use. Papers were from Lilly of the valleys country Lady pad. 

 


This is the back view, the card is for my sister in laws birthday this week so I thought I wold give it a personal touch with her name.



I also made use of the lovely lili of the valley sentiment stamps which I won in a competion recentley, they are excellent for this type of card as I was able to line them up so that they stack on top of each other when the card is closed.

I also made a box for it as it is quite fragile and to stop the flowers getting crushed in the post.  The flowers I used are from Ribbon Girl as I won them in a competition  a couple of months ago.  I especially love the Daisy as it fits so well with the theme of the stamp.  The butterfly on the last leaf was made with a  x cuts die and I thought it very apt as there is a butterfly on one of the little stamps.  
Here it is in the box.




and here is the lid using one of the xcut butterfly dies



The brown card on the front I embossed with my new X cut butterfly A4 embossing folder again in a butterfly motif. The swirls are cut from pieces of my memory box die inked and added to various parts of the card.  I used it in full on the lid, and think I am going to find it very useful.

Hope you like my card, and hope that Kim does too.

Love from Maria

                                             http://ideastoinspire.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment